Types of Visa's in Thailand | Phuket Realtor
Have the best time of your life residing in Phuket with white sand beaches, incredible heritage, and tasty food!
Thailand is one of the most famous and well-reputed tourist destinations in the world. Thanks to the easy accessibility of Thailand Visa’s that does not discriminate between people of different nationalities. The country is home to Hospitable and Friendly People, Captivating Sceneries, Affordable Living, Diversity of Culture and Remarkable Traditions. Due to this reason, many have chosen to reside here and have become a significant contributor to the country’s economy. Visa’s in Thailand is not only very easy to obtain but also the approval rate is almost a hundred percent if done correctly.
Why should I consider Thailand for retirement or living?
- Incredible Food: Thai Cuisine is famous all over the world. However, only in Thailand does food tastes like this. Starting from Street Vendors to Fancy Restaurants, the variety of food is unparalleled.
- Beaches: Warm and Crystal-Clear Waters, Splendid Atmosphere, Beach Bars and Magnificent Marine Life, you can find all of that here. Moreover, if you possess an adventurous nature, Thailand is ready to take you for Scuba Diving deep under its waters to explore more.
- World-class Architecture: Bangkok, the beaming capital of Thailand, is the perfect example of modern architecture. From High-rise Buildings and Hotels, Monuments and Skyscrapers, you can find every single type of complex architecture here. Phuket is known for Private Pool Villas of all types.
- Cheap Cost of Living: Thailand offers one of the most reasonable living costs in the World. Believe it! However, that doesn’t mean that the quality of service is compromised.
- Diverse Culture: Thai people are very hospitable, friendly and welcoming. That’s the very reason they call it “The Land of Smiles.”
Types of Thailand Visa’s offered by the Government:
Tourist Visa (TR):
The most popular kind of Thailand Visa is a Tourist Visa. The visa is valid for 60 days for either single entry or multiple entries. You can also extend the visa for another 30 days.
Business Visa (B):
Visa’s in Thailand include a Business Visa for business purposes and investors. Thru a Thailand Business Visa, you can obtain a work permit and the ability to open a Thai bank account. Allowed to stay up to 90 days for single or 1 year for multiple entries
Education Visa (ED):
The Education Visa allows you to Study in Thailand. You are allowed to stay up to 90 days for single or 1 year for multiple entries.
One-year Non-immigrant Visa:
These types of Thailand Visa’s allow you multiple entries into the country for a period of 12 months. There are many forms of one-year non-immigrant visas to apply for according to your needs.
Retirement Visa (O):
Anyone with age of 50 years or above can apply for the Retirement Visa. This visa allows you to stay in Thailand for a whole year with the ability of multiple entries into the country. This visa requires that you keep some money in a Thai bank account.
Permanent Resident Visa:
Obtaining status as a Permanent Resident (PR) in Thailand has many advantages. Permanent resident Visa in Thailand is only attainable if you have had a Thai non-immigrant visa for at least three years prior to the submission of your applications. It allows you to live permanently in Thailand, with no requirement to apply for an extension of stay.
You must be able to meet one of these categories to apply for PR status in Thailand:
- Investment category (minimum 3 – 10 Mil. Baht investment in Thailand)
- Working/ Business category
- Support a family or Humanity Reasons category: In this category, you must have a relationship with a Thai citizen or an alien who already possess a residence permit as a husband or wife; father or mother; or a guardian of a Thai child under 20 years of age.
- Expert / academic category
- Other categories as determined by Thai Immigration
Summing it Up:
A lot of people want to stay permanently in Thailand as it is one of the most sought-after destinations in South East Asia offering a low yet convenient standard of living. These visa’s make it possible to do just that. The accessibility of Thailand Visa is for everyone.